- We are subject to the National Privacy Principles (the NPP) that are contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- We collect personal information from you in order to facilitate the supply of goods or services via our Website. We will only collect information to allow us to supply goods or services or that is incidental to the supply of goods or services.
- Personal Information and our Website
- We do not collect personal information via our Website unless you place an order, become a registered user, or join the Bourke & Travers Wine Circle.
- When you place an order you will be asked to log in and provide the following personal information:
7.1. your name;
7.2. your date of birth;
7.3. your phone number;
7.4. your email address;
7.5. your mailing address and delivery address;
7.6. any special delivery requests; and
7.7. payment details.
- We will provide your personal information to our delivery agents so that your order can be delivered to you.
- We are required by law to obtain and verify your date of birth details, as it is against the law to supply liquor to a person who is under 18 years of age.
- If you become a registered user of our Website or join the Bourke & Travers Wine Circle we will ask you all of the details in paragraphs 6(a) to 6(e) and we will ask you to nominate a password.
- If you have provided your email address to us, we may, from time to time, email you regarding up-coming offers and special promotions. If you do not wish to receive these offers from us, please choose the unsubscribe link in your next email or contact us using the contact details below.
- We will not sell or barter any of your personal information. However, we may need to provide your personal information to third parties who we engage to assist us to provide goods to you, such as our delivery agents and information technology service providers. Where your personal information is disclosed to these third parties, they will only be authorised to use your personal information for the purpose that you supplied it to us and we supplied it to them. If those third parties are located overseas, then your personal information may be transferred overseas.
- This website supports Secure Socket Layers of 128bit and greater
Access to personal information
- We will provide you with access to your personal information records if you request access. However, if there are exemptions from providing the personal information in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), then we may need to deny you access to some or all of the personal information.
- To gain access to your personal information records, please contact us using the contact details below.
- We may use standard technology called ‘cookies’ on our Website. Cookies are small data files that are stored on your computer when you visit a particular website, which allow your web browser to remember certain information.
- We will protect the personal information we collect. All orders placed through our Website take place in a secure third-party environment. We do not hold access to your credit card information.
- Your personal information will be managed confidentially and securely, and destroyed appropriately when no longer required.
- We reserve the right to disclose any personal information that identifies you, as required by law, and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Website.
Questions? Comments? Concerns?